Saturday, March 22, 2008

Trans-Atlantic Blog Migration

Given the dynamic success of my Japanese Blog, "Post-Modern Konichiwa", I thought I should begin an English version of the same. Do not worry, this will not interfere with my pirate radio duties as your late night D.J. "Velvet Jones ".

For those of you who are not regular subscribers, my non-stage name is Franklin: I'm 28, married to Christine, have one son Jacob, with another son on the way. I love my family!

I also enjoy music and playing the guitar. I recently found out that I get to see Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen in concert on Monday -look out for the post on that!

I've recently been promoted to "Patient Accounts Supervisor" at my work, which is a new title that my boss hopes will encompass overseeing billing and reimbursement. I feel like Peter from Office Space: "A straight shooter with upper-management written all over him.....we're looking to put as many as 4 people - directly underneath you." Except I can't have lunch at Chatchki's.

Today I participated in an Egg-Drop / hunt in Kent Ohio - where I happened to be staying for the signing of my new book, "The Joke's On You: Sarcasm and How To Spot It". I was signed up to be in the Easter Bunny suit, but was quickly dismissed of my duties due to my Abe Lincoln-length extremities. So I became the guide for the sub-bunny, since she could not see at all through the rabbit-head holes that I assume had been carved out by Ms. O'Leary's first graders after the paper-mache had dried.

But it went off without many a hitch, around 700 people showed despite the weather, so that was great. A good outreach and promotion for our flourishing church.

Then I came home to find my pregnant wife in full nesting mode, so we hung some curtains and rearranged our bedroom. I'm happy to help most days, even if I don't act like it - she's good to put up with me.

Thanks for reading, more to come.

Honest Engine, Franklin

3 comments:

Amber said...

You crack me up! I look forward to reading more in the future. :-)

Stephanie Jabbour said...

LOL...i love the title of your blog. also, i think next year we need to invest in a much taller bunny suit! and i think that bunny head was made by preschoolers, not 1st graders.

JACK said...

dude! Brilliant Idea. Im so glad you started a blog. whenever i need a good laugh, i will definetly know where to go. Your freakin hilarious, and even a better singer/guitarist. look forward to hearing whats inside that head of yours.